Thai Basil Shrimp
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 limes
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Heat half of coconut oil (2 Tbsp) in a large skillet over medium heat. Slowly add ginger and cook approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Add shrimp to skillet and stir fry until pink but still translucent (not fully cooked); about 4-6 minutes.
- Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to skillet. Add peppers and stir fry until crisp and beginning to caramelize; approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk together coconut milk, soy sauce, juice of both limes, brown sugar and Sriracha.
- Add shrimp to skillet with pepper. Cover with coconut milk mixture. Bring to a boil and stir frequently. Sauce will thicken and shrimp will turn opaque in color. Remove entire skillet from heat.
- Stir in basil leaves, reserve a small amount for garnish.
You must be logged in to post a comment.